Senior Consultant or Consultant Investigations and Forensic Accounting
UAE - Dubai or Abu Dhabi
AED22,000 and AED34,000
11-12-2020 10:08 AM
Job title: Senior Consultant or Consultant Investigations and Forensic Accounting
Location: Dubai or Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Salary: AED22,000 and AED34,000
We are looking for an experienced forensic accountant to join our growing EMEA investigations team. The role will involve working on investigative assignments, including forensic accounting matters, as well as providing pro-active compliance support to clients in the region.
You will be able to travel locally within Middle East and more broadly across the region (including Europe and potentially the world. You will be an integral member of the wider EMEA Forensics practice, in turn part of a global practice offering international investigations and regulatory compliance capability
This role would be suitable for candidates currently working as investigators, either for a consultancy firm or an in-house fraud investigations team.
There are five priorities for the role:
• Support the scoping and delivery of investigations and compliance projects
• Supporting response to Requests for Proposals (RfP’s) as well as Expressions of Interest (EOI’s)
• Actively engage in business development activities with legal / compliance buyers
• Work with other members CFI practice to build Control Risks’ presence and reputation in the market.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members
• Exhibit technical expertise in the delivery of Forensics engagements
• Have a good understanding of the variety of issues clients may investigate and how we would approach those investigations
• Understand risks that our services are designed to investigate or mitigate; and be familiar with the variety of ways in which those risks present themselves within an organisation
• Have the required technical skills to support with technical aspects such as planning and scoping, document and accounting review, interviewing, report writing to reasonable standards.
• Be able to understand or have full understanding of control frameworks and processes which mitigate fraud, bribery and corruption.
• Proactively engage with the forensic technology team and, specifically, our global data analytics team and identify opportunities for application of technology solutions in engagements
• Act as project manager on engagements of lesser complexity, taking full responsibility for the delivery of projects
• Develop appropriate scopes and project budgets and ensure that engagements are delivered to time and budget
• Capture and utilise relevant project data to manage project profitability
• Monitor and mitigate risk on engagements
• Maintain and update our Client Relationship Management tool with relevant business information on our contacts, clients and opportunities
• Strengthen and expand personal network of contacts and legal / compliance buyers
• Participate in or lead on (where practical) the initial scoping of the project by writing proposals including budgeting with minimum supervision
• Take ownership of personal development ensuring that technical skills are honed, subject matter knowledge is current and development areas are continually considered and addressed to progress from being proficient to expert
• Motivate and mentor junior members to achieve full individual and team potential
• Proactively manage workload to maximise efficacy and efficiency across core skills and competencies.
- Reasonable professional forensics and accounting experience (Middle East experience preferred but not mandatory, experience of working in a variety of markets an advantage)
- Fluent in English and Arabic (speaking, reading and writing)
- Experience and knowledge of delivering on compliance and fraud risk management engagements
- Experience drafting complex reports and preparing written proposals
- Demonstrable understanding of an organisation’s financial and commercial operations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in teams within an organization